Site management environmental training scheme (SMETS) eCourse
The Site management environmental training scheme eCourse is aimed at site managers and aspiring site managers who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management and legislation as it applies to UK construction sites.
This course will prepare you for managing the environmental aspects of a construction site by helping you put into practice your legal, moral and social responsibilities.
When you buy this Grant eligible eCourse you get access to:
- The interactive online course material
- An online version of the Construction health and safety awareness (GE700 Es) publication
- An online end of course examination
To take the exam you must have access to a laptop or desktop computer, it cannot be taken on a mobile or tablet.
Who is it for?
Site managers and supervisors who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management and legislation, as it applies to UK construction sites.
You need to be able to read and understand English to a good standard.
What does it cover?
The eCourse covers 10 key areas:
- Sustainable construction and the environment
- Environmental management systems
- Energy management
- Archaeology and heritage
- Ecology and biodiversity
- Statutory nuisance
- Water protection and management
- Resource efficiency
- Soil management and contamination control
- Waste management
What qualification will I get?
- You will receive certification that you have successfully completed the Site management environmental training scheme.
- Certification is valid for five years
What else do I need to know?
Completing the course:
- The interactive online course takes approximately 7.5 hours.
- It can be completed in one go or over a period of days or weeks. You have up to 12 months to complete it.
- Return to the course as many times as you like, it will remember and track your progress.
Taking the exam:
- Once you’ve completed the course you need to book an online end of course exam
- It can only be taken on a computer or laptop – mobile phones and tablets are not compatible
- You will need a reliable internet connection, a webcam, speakers and a microphone, plus a photo ID
- There are 25 multiple-choice questions. 22 questions are worth 1 mark, 2 are worth 3 marks
- The pass mark is 24 out of 30
- You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is included in the purchase price, but there is a £21 fee if you need to retake it
Make sure you have the right equipment and a reliable internet connection available before purchasing this eCourse.
You can test your system now.
Please note: If you are aged 16 to 18, your parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process.