Health and Safety Awareness
Course Title: CITB (HSA) - Health and Safety Awareness
Duration: 1 Day
This course also outlines the employer's duties and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone else's health and safety is being put at risk.
- What is expected of site operatives and how they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- An understanding of the need to prevent accidents, and the importance of reporting accidents and unsafe acts.
- A basic understanding of health and safety law.
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Identify how their role fits into the safety management on the site.
- An appreciation of the need to work safely and to stop and ask for advice if unsure.
- An understanding of health & welfare, manual handling, working at height, PPE, fire prevention and control, emergency procedures & first aid, electrical safety on-site, hazardous substances, hand-held equipment and tools, noise and vibration, excavations and confined spaces, and site transport safety on site.
Who would benefit:
This one-day introductory CITB training course is aimed at operatives and newcomers to the construction industry. It is an ideal foundation course for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation certificate. It also forms part of the Site Safety Plus range of CITB courses.
Delegates will be assessed using a multiple-choice question format at the end of the course.
In-house for group bookings or various venues around the UK