Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
Course Title: CITB (SMSTS) - Site Managers Safety Training Scheme
Duration : 5 Days
This SMSTS course is designed to enable managers to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
Manage health and safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role. Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare. Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
- Introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions.
- Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legislation.
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements.
- Risk assessment and principles of prevention'.
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring.
- Management of Contractors.
- Development of safe systems of work' and permit systems.
- Effective communicating.
- Behavioral science including awareness of human error.
- Motivating safety behavior.
- Recognition of an organisation's duties and responsibilities.
- Recognition of responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives.
- Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work).
- Planning for health and safety within the context of a project.
Who would benefit:
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
The SMSTS course has a high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies will be supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials.
A certain amount of the SMSTS course content will require delegates to compile and present their understanding of how to comply with current legislation for assessment; delegates are increasingly finding the use of a laptop during these sessions helpful.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the SMSTS course in preparation for the final multiple choice examination.
In house for group bookings or various venues around the UK