Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Course Title: CITB (SSSTS) - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
Duration: 2 Days
Content; The 2-day SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme) training course is aimed at team leaders, foremen, gangers, first-line managers and supervisors with supervisory responsibilities and a need to understand their legal duties.
The content of the course will cover how to deal with the following:
- An introduction to health and safety on-site, as well as welfare and environmental issues that those in a supervisory role must be aware of. This also includes the legal responsibilities that are relevant to supervisors whilst safely managing a construction site.
- What is expected of site supervisors, including occupational health issues that arise within the construction sector?
- An understanding of how health and safety law is structured, and how the role of a supervisor links in with the role of a site manager when controlling site safety.
- Risk assessments - how to carry these out and why method statements are a legal requirement.
- Fire prevention and control, control of hazardous substances, CDM (Construction Design Management) Regulations, Working at Height, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), manual handling, accidents and first aid.
- How to carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Understanding the need for proactive and reactive monitoring.
Who would benefit:
The SSSTS course is an ideal foundation for attaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibilities for junior management in construction work.
Full attendance is essential, and candidates will be expected to actively participate. Continual assessment will take place during the course. There is also a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the course.
In-house for group bookings or various venues around the UK